Our handbags are made from a cactus-based biomaterial sourced in Mexico. The biomaterial we use has the feel and look of traditional leather, but is much more ecological, using only 1/5 of the amount of water needed to produce animal leather. It is partially bio-degradable and the remaining components being highly recyclable.
Our RTW collection is composed from 54% eucalyptus lyocell and 46% cotton fibers. Lyocell is made from eucalyptus trees that are fast growing, do not need irrigation or pesticides, and is produced in a closed-loop system that recycles almost all of its solvents with minimal waste. Lyocell is also 100% biodegradable.
This mix of lyocell and cotton felt the most suitable for the line, as it is durable and can ensure your pieces will last for years to come, but our goal is to eventually find an organic alternative to our conventional cotton.
Our products are made-to-order and in limited production in the Brooklyn Navy Yard and Midtown, Manhattan. During production, we keep our scraps to a minimum and always try to find use for them.
For every handbag sold, we plant a tree with One Tree Planted as an effort to give back.
- Our mailers are made from 2 layers of secure and commercially compostable bubble padding on the inside, and recycled paper on the outside.
- Our hangtags are made out of a biodegradable paper that is embeded with wildflowers. When you plant the paper in a pot of soil, the seeds in the paper germinate and grow into plants.
- Our hangtags are hung using organic hemp cording. Hemp requires very little water to be produced, small amount of land to cultivate and no pesticides or herbicides are used in the process.
- Our tissue paper is printed with soy-based inks on FSC-certified paper, is acid, sulphur, and lignin-free, and 100% compostable.
- The stickers used in our packaging are made from FSC-certified paper, printed with soy-based inks and are 100% Compostable.
- Our mailer boxes are made in the US from corrugated cardboard.
- Our packaging tape water-activated and printed with soy-based inks on FSC-certified paper.
We are constantly looking for and investing in opportunities to minimize waste from our packaging and actively implementing new ways to make our brand more sustainable and create a positive impact on our planet. Thank you for being part of this journey with us!